Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!


Savannah and Vince with Uncle Gary

We hope that you had a wonderful Christmas! Santa was very good to us-he brought the family a Wii! He left Savannah a Princess Parlor, a Princess bookbag, and a Barbie. Vince got some animal crackers, a book, and a toy. Savannah has loved playing with her TAG system that Nana and Grandaddy gave her, and Vince loves all of his toys that make noise and his inflatable helicoptor. He especially likes the balls that came with the helicoptor...they end up all over the house! Jeff and the kids gave me a Cricut scrapbooking system and I am anxious to use that at my next scrapbooking weekend getaway.

Vince at Christmas Dinner-he ate peas and cheesy mashed potatoes!

The kids and I are in Charlotte now visiting family and friends and are having a great time. It's been nice catching up with lots of different people! I have reconnected with some friends from Matthews softball and high school via facebook.com and we have gotten together since I have been here. Savannah didn't understand why Uncle Gary got small PJs for Christmas...
...then she felt Aunt Lin's belly!
Last Saturday night I went to dinner with Misty Spruiell and Shanna McCollum Tucker; they played ball with me out at Matthews from the early 80s to the late 80s. We had so many good times together! In fact, we stayed at dinner for 4 hours talking about old times and what we have been doing since then. We figured it had been 20 years since we last saw each other. I guess I am now considered old.


Today, Savannah and I met up with Rebecca Sweeney Anderson and Jeanna Murrill Rimmer at Sports Connection in Ballantyne. Savannah enjoyed playing the video games and the inflatables and the parents enjoyed bowling. It's pretty sad that none of us broke 100 in our game. In my "hey-day" of the Fickling & Company bowling league I was averaging about a 165...here again, refer to the last sentence in the previous paragraph.
The three of us were all in DECA together at East Meck!
Tomorrow we meet up with Shanna and her family for some good outdoor fun! Savannah is excited to hang out with some boys, and I will enjoy catching up some more with Shanna.

We wish you a very happy, healthy and prosperous 2009.

2 comments:

The Jordan Family said...

Happy New Year to you guys, too! Perhaps you need to practice your Wii bowling before the next outing? :)

Miss you!

Laura S said...

We went bowling because of the Wii! She did pretty well in the living room bowling, but I thought that she needed to grasp the "real" concept of bowling...that lasted for 4 frames.