Sunday, April 19, 2009

"Camping" at FDR State Park

Savannah and Vince in front of our cabin
Family fun at the Wild Animal Safari in Warm Springs, GA
We joined members of our Sunday School class this past weekend at FDR State Park and had a wonderful time! We weren't up for tent camping with the kids yet, so we stayed in the cabin shown in this post. It was a nice set-up: fridge, a/c, shower, double beds, and a nice sized closet for Vince's pack and play. The kids loved playing on the front porch and Savannah had a blast helping Jeff find "fire sticks" for our campfire. We joined the group at their tent camping area and roasted hot dogs and made smores on Friday and Saturday nights. We spent Saturday at Calloway Gardens and the Wild Animal Safari. Upon returning to Macon, everyone slept for 2 hours!

2 comments:

The Jordan Family said...

OMG I wish I could see Savannah's face in the zebra pic. I just laughed out loud!

Looks like you had a great time. (how could you not? smores two nights in a row? a cabin with a/c? That is my kind of camping!)

Welcome home!

Bechtel Family said...

I have to agree with Ani that that is my type of camping too!:) Glad y'all had fun!